SEOMoz is one of the most valuable resources for any search marketing specialist. A great company that provides SEOs with education, tools, resources, and paid services to help measure ROI.
Open Site Explorer
Open Site Explorer is a program set up by SEOMoz that gives valuable link information for any URL. The SEO tools provided shows users the inbound links, anchor text, top pages, linking domains, compare link metrics, and advanced reports. The program is free and available to anybody but shows only limited information unless upgraded to the premium package.
Google Webmaster Central
Google Webmaster Tools is a free web service by that allows users to check indexing status and optimize visibility of their websites.
The tools provided includes:
- Submit and check a sitemap
- Check and set the crawl rate, and view statistics about how Googlebot accesses a particular site
- Generate and check a robots.txt file. It also helps to discover pages that are blocked in robots.txt by chance.
- List internal and external pages that link to the site
- See what keyword searches on Google led to the site being listed in the SERPs and the click through rates of such listings
- View statistics about how Google indexes the site, and if it found any errors while doing it
- Set a preferred domain (e.g. prefer example.com over www.example.com or vice versa), which determines how the site URL is displayed in SERPs
The first place you should stop when trying to figure out which keywords to use for you site.
Matt Cutts Blog
Matt Cutts is the current head of Google’s Webspam team. He is most famous for creating SafeSearch, Google’s family friendly filter. Follow his blog you’ll receive direct information from the man that is directing SEO efforts from the inside. Of course you won’t get the juicy information that you’re looking for but valuable nonetheless.
SEOquake is a handy SEO toolbar extension that is added to your for Firefox, Chrome and Opera browsers. SEOquake helps to attain a variety of search analytic information such as page rank, Google index, Alexa and many others. Their Keyword Density tool provides the number of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page. Highlight no-follow links at just the click of a button. A must have for any serious SEOer looking for rapid SEO tools conveniently located on your browser.
Warrior Forum is an internet marketing forum with all types of search engine optimization tips. Be wary of this forum, a lot of black hatters frequent this site and some of these so called experts could lead you on a one way street to getting booted by Google.
Directory of SEO Links
Need to find out where you can set up some backlinks? This site is a great place to start but don’t get too backlink crazy, not all of the sites listed will provide you with quality “link-juice”